Australian Alcohol Policy
Nu Baby supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is an offence to supply alcohol to or obtain alcohol on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years.
If ordering a gift hamper containing alcohol, you confirm that you are over the age of 18 years. It is a legal requirement that the person placing the order is over the age of 18 and the person receiving the delivery is over the age of 18. The Shipping address must also be different than the billing address.
We are not required to have an Australian liquor licence as our products are only sold as gift baskets. This puts us in the category stated below by Liquor & Gaming NSW. We follow Australian laws in the responsible service of alcohol.
When a liquor licence is not required
A liquor licence is not required to sell alcohol that is included in the sale of flowers or food designed to be delivered as a genuine gift to a person, such as a gift basket or bouquet of flowers.
- the alcohol included in the gift must be purchased from a retail liquor outlet.
- two litres is the maximum volume of alcohol permitted in each gift.
- the gift must be packaged and presented in such a manner that it would be taken to be a gift.
- the gift can only be delivered to another adult who is not the purchaser.
- the gift cannot be delivered to a person at the location where the gift was purchased.
- gifts must be delivered between the hours of 7am to 7pm.
This means that alcohol can only be purchased as an addon to a hamper they can not be purchased individually.
All hampers containing alcohol have to be signed for by an adult upon delivery.
If an adult is not available to sign for the package it will be dropped off at your local post office to be picked up by and signed for by the receiver, (must 18+).
Currier Alcohol Policy
Any orders that contain alcohol will have to be signed for on delivery by an adult of 18 years or older.
Below is a link to our curriers alcohol policy.